World Water Day - March 18, 2023
LCC and our Champlain Basin Education Initiative (CBEI) partners invite K-12 educators throughout the Basin to celebrate World Water Day with us! Enter student work in our contest by March 8, 2023 to raise awareness of water and be entered into the prize pool for some great educational prizes. Student work will be publicly displayed at a World Water Day event at the Champlain Centre Mall on March 18. Students can take inspiration from water -- Lake Champlain, brooks, rivers, ponds, oceans, other US and world waterways -- and share their water stories through writing, art, photography, or videography. Read on for details on how to enter.
- Entries must be received at CBEI partner the Lake Champlain Basin Program (54 West Shore Road, Grand Isle, VT 05458 or elee@) no later than 4:00 PM on Wednesday, March 8, 2023 lcbp.org
- Open to all students in grades K-12 within the Lake Champlain watershed.
- No purchase required to enter or to receive recognition.
- A class or group of students may submit a maximum of 3 entries.
- All entries must include a brief artist statement or author’s note.
- Please contact Stephanie Larkin at CBEI partner the Lake Champlain Basin Program if you are unsure if your entry fits into a category or presentation format.
First identify your category:
- Celebrate Water
- Spread the Word
- Citizens Science and Civic Action
- Act Locally Think Globally
Then pick your presentation format:
Click on the following for: