CANCELLED - April 6, 2019 - "Together We Build Resilience" Educator Workshop
LCC is sorry to report that this event has been cancelled due to low registration. Visit the Champlain Basin Education Initiative (CBEI) website to learn about different events and opportunities in the Lake Champlain watershed.
LCC and other Champlain Basin Education Initiative (CBEI) partners present "Together We Build Resilience", a grades 6-12 educator workshop on place-based learning that investigates human and ecological interactions in the Lake Champlain Basin.
Hear from students and their teachers about the rewards and challenges of engaging with complex issues in place-based learning projects. Envision what topics and projects you want to bring into your classroom, hear advice from our student presenters, and practice incorporating youth voice in your design. Through this multifaceted one-day workshop we aim to highlight place-based learning opportunities in our watershed, encourage community learning and resilience, and strengthen youth voice in curriculum design.
Our student presenters will:
- showcase their work
- build skills presenting and providing feedback
- consider the purpose of their own education in a collegial and supportive setting
As a teacher participant, you will have the opportunity to:
- imagine and reflect upon new project ideas
- share ideas with students and receive feedback
- contemplate new ways to engage students in this work
- 8:30 - Welcome, coffee, tea, and introductions
- Design Studio Part 1: Showcase of student projects and small group discussions
- Keynote Speaker: Curt Stager, Paul Smith’s College
- Design Studio Part 2: Student Feedback Workshop / Teacher Reflection & Planning
- Sharing highlights of new ideas and possibilities generated.
- 2:30 - Wrap up & closing
Visit the Shelburne Farms website for more information.