Calling All Kids – Enter Our World Water Day Contest!
Know a K through 12 student, teacher or homeschooler in the Lake Champlain Basin? In honor of World Water Day, LCC and Champlain Basin Education Initiative (CBEI) partners are hosting our annual cool contest to celebrate water. It’s a great way for educators to integrate art and science with their students. Students may write, create artwork, take photos, or make videos to explore these themes:
- Celebrate Water
- Spread the Word
- Citizen Science & Civic Action
- Act Locally Think Globally
- Open to all students in grades K-12 within the Lake Champlain watershed.
- No purchase required to enter or to receive recognition.
- A class or group may submit a maximum of three entries.
- All entries must include a brief artist statement or author’s note.
- Recognition awards will be made per team entry. Awards will be team based to encourage groups working together which is what we need to do to keep water healthy!
- Entries must be received by 4:00 PM on Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at the Lake Champlain Basin Program Office, 54 West Shore Road, Grand Isle, VT 05458 OR to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for the complete contest rules and links to submission forms.
- Contact Stephanie Larkin at slarkin@ if you have questions or need more information. lcbp.org
Need inspiration? Check out a sampling of student entries from past years and watch a YouTube video that features students and their World Water Day entries.
The 2020 World Water Day celebration showcasing students’ water creations will be held on Wednesday, March 25, 2020 from 4:00 to 6:30 p.m. at the Main Street Landing Performing Arts Center in Burlington, VT. The event will include a gallery of student artwork, refreshments, and prizes for winning entries along with a guest address by Maya Dizack about her recent adventures paddling the Mississippi River Basin. Please join us for the program even if you can’t participate in the contest!