December 3, 2019 - Giving Tuesday
The Tuesday after Thanksgiving is #GivingTuesday, the "Black Friday" for charitable giving and part of an international movement to create a day of giving back. Please consider participating by making a gift of time or money to the Lake Champlain Committee. You don't need to be wealthy to be a philanthropist. Below are ten ways you can support the work for clean, accessible water with your time, money or action.
- Make a year-end gift. A year-end donation will strengthen LCC's advocacy, education and outreach to protect water quality and access. You can make a gift online at our secure website or mail a check to LCC at 208 Flynn Avenue, Building 3, Studio 3F, Burlington, VT 05401.
- Volunteer! Share your time and skills with LCC! Sign up online to maintain the Paddlers' Trail, monitor water quality, fundraise, help out at the office, or assist the work for drinkable water, swimmable beaches, and edible fish in other ways.
- Gift a membership. Know someone who loves the lake? Have a good friend who you play on the water with? Express your caring for the wonderful people in your life and your concern for water quality at the same time by gifting a Lake Champlain Committee membership. Just fill in our mail-in form or sign them up online (be sure to check the Gift Membership box) and we'll do the rest!
- Donate to the future. Help protect the lake into the future by making a donation to LCC's Legacy Fund Endowment. The endowment generates annual operating income so we can improve water quality, safeguard natural habitats, and provide access for this and future generations. Contribute online, download the form and mail a check to LCC, or contact Executive Director Lori Fisher (802 658-1414) to discuss making a contribution.
- Renew your membership. Annual memberships keep LCC staff on the water and out in the community working for a clean, accessible lake. Today is a great day to renew your annual support. You can donate online or mail a check to LCC at 208 Flynn Avenue, Building 3, Studio 3F, Burlington, VT 05401. Contact us at 802-658-1414 or lcc@ if you need to check on your membership status and most recent giving amount. lakechamplaincommittee.org
- Join LCC! Haven't gotten around to becoming a member yet? Now is a great time to join in the work for drinkable water, swimmable beaches and edible fish. You can join online, call our office (802 658-1414) to process your donation over the phone, or mail a check to our address below. Either way, your contribution will help protect water all year long.
- Purchase LCC lake note cards. Wish you could look at Lake Champlain every day? You can with a purchase of LCC's stunning photo cards featuring beautiful vistas of our favorite lake! You can view all four scenes on our website and purchase them online, download our mail-in form, or call us at 802 658-1414 and we'll process your order. Proceeds from any note card purchase supports LCC's work for a healthy, accessible lake. Many thanks to photographers Carolyn Bates, Trip Kinney, Lisa Liotta, and Philip Mongeau for generously sharing their lake pictures with LCC!
- Buy the Lake Book. What happens to all the leaves that fall into the Champlain Valley’s rivers during autumn as they make their way to Lake Champlain? Why does a thin line of clouds appear over the lake on crisp fall days? Why do you sometimes notice a stale rotten smell around the lake in late autumn? Find the answers to these and many more questions in Lake Champlain: A Natural History. LCC’s award-winning book (now in its second printing) provides a wonderful introduction to our beautiful, "great" Lake. Get a copy today for yourself or fellow lake lover. At $18.95 plus shipping and handling, it's a great deal!
- Take the Lake Protection Pledge. Lake Champlain's health is a reflection of our actions and values. Sign LCC's Lake Protection Pledge and take steps around your home and community to protect water quality.
- Spread the word! Let your friends and family know you are joining the global celebration of giving back and share the actions you are taking.