Annual Paddlers' Trail Guidebook
LCC publishes an annual guidebook to help you safely explore the Paddlers’ Trail. The guidebook isn’t for sale – it’s a membership benefit. It’s produced annually and made available each spring to donors of $45 or more. Membership dues fund LCC advocacy for clean water and the development, stewardship and educational work to maintain the Trail locations for you and future generations to explore and enjoy. Without membership support, the Trail system would not exist.
The guidebook highlights the trail locations in the system each year and contains important information to guide your use of the lake. Each year usage guidelines change and Trail locations are added or removed so it’s important to keep your membership up to date and have the most recent guidebook edition with you every time you paddle on the Trail. The guidebook includes:
- site descriptions and chart excerpts;
- day trip descriptions;
- launch site location maps;
- low-impact camping guidelines;
- tips for planning a safe paddling trip;
- contact lists and emergency phone numbers;
- an equipment check list; and
- information on natural history, current lake issues, and how to get involved in lake protection.